Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oops, I Did It Again!

Yeah, I know I'm slacking.  
Anyway, a couple of weekends ago, I, along with Rusty and my little brother (hardly!) Jaime, ran in the Color Run in Lawrence.  It's called the happiest 5K on the planet, and boy, after the game that day, Lawrence needed all the happy they could get!
But anyway.


Which one of these is not like the others?
Which one of these just isn't the same?
(psst!  You have to click on the 'read more' icon to the left over there to see the rest of the photos.)


There weren't too many people dressed for fun like we were.  I mean, obviously, we were the coolest ones there, but there were a few others who stepped out of the funny socks/guys wearing tutus box.
I give you brides:
 Now, I'm not even going to try to assume or insinuate that they are 'together', but they were together nonetheless.
 More brides and grooms.
 Some girl with Rainbow Brite /muppet boots.
We'll call herrrrrr.....Mahna-Mahna.

 Jaime entertaining the crowd, showing up weird magician guy.
Woop-woop!  There goes the Red Bull, giving him wings.

 No, not a random photo of a dog on the route.  That's a goat, folks.  Seriously.  A GOAT.
Stupid disposable camera couldn't take a decent photo.
 We did it!!
Gotta say, the people throwing the powder during the run were a lot neater than the ones in KC.  We finished pretty clean here in Lawrence.
 D'aaaaaawwww.....I love this!
Who needs Instagram when you can just use your crappy Kroger disposable camera?
 Then there was this guy.
Couldn't help myself.
 So....colorful.
 This is where we got crazy messy. We were up by the stage getting pelted with lots of green powder.
 The good, the bad@$$ and the..the umm...hrmm.
 See what I mean?  Rusty looks like a unicorn threw up on him and Jaime looks a lot like abstract art.  Then there's me.  I think Jaime said it was Barbie-camo-boot camp refugee.  I dunno.  Looks more like I ran really hard and fast into Kermit the Frog mid-hop.
 See kids?  This is what happens when you wear your hat backwards in the Color Run.
And this girl.  Oh my goodness, you guys.  We were cracking up when we rolled up next to this truck.  I had to get a picture. 

No comments: