Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lydia's Big Girl Class

A couple months ago, the competitive cheerleading squad invited everyone who takes classes at CAGE to come and see them perform their routines.  





Lydia was completely taken and impressed with what she saw.  She leaned over to me and said, 'Mom. Can I do that?' I choked back the emotion in my throat (and clinched my fist and said 'yesssss' in my head) and said, 'Sure.  Just keep taking your cheernastic classes and practicing and you'll be on the squad, no problem.'  She looked up at me and nodded, like she knew that already to be true and just had to bide her time.  Fast forward 3 months to now.  She is in THE BIG GIRL cheernastics class this session.  And let me tell you, she knows it and loves it.


Practicing their arm positions.






Clearly, she'd rather be working on her jumps.

She had us cracking up here.  She's one of the youngest in the class and as such, also the shortest.  She couldn't quite reach the low bar.  She kept trying to jump up and reach it with no success.  Finally the instructor  saw her and gave her a boost.  But her struggles weren't over yet.
She's trying, trying, scooting, struggling...
...hanging in there...
(man, I totally know that feeling)
...still hanging in there...
...kicking...hanging...
...barely hanging in there.

Moving on to rings...
...and tumbling...
...and jumping.

No comments: