Monday, June 25, 2012

*cue The Imperial March*
dun dun dunnn DUN duh dun duh dun dunnn

In a county not so far away, there lies a place for exploration. While many DVD/Blue Ray players and gaming consoles fight for the attention of many males (and some really cool females) ages 4-55 during the heat of a Kansas summer, there exists an exhibit that not only appeals to this group, it calls to this group. Yes, the force is strong with this group.  Just the mere mention of Star Wars, Lucas Films, props, costumes and models in the same sentence is enough to cause a noticeable disturbance in the force and send the Jedi's running.  And run we did.
This is just a fraction of the photos I took.
Quite a treat to be greeted by Zam Wensel, a Death Star Trooper and a Rebel (she)Trooper.



Check out this bucket of bolts!


"Waaahhh!  Aaahhh!  Waaahh-aahhh!"

"Don't get cocky, kid."




These were the droids I was looking for.





"Roger, Roger," was all I kept hearing in my head around these droids.





This dude was very intimidating and scary.  Lydia avoided this display like Han Solo avoids the words, "I love you, too."

Admit it.  You're saying, "Pew!  Pew!  Pew!" in your head while looking at these 2 photos, too, right?
No?  Me, either.

Nothing says die-hard like LARP.
They had these little plaques with interesting tidbits about the making of the Star Wars Saga.
Pretty cool random facts.
Yo, Darth!  Who's YOUR daddy?

If this really is the costume that Natalie Portman wore, I hope to never be seen standing next to her.  Ever.
Meesa thinksa this isa so cool!
Riding the hover craft.
Creeped out I was, when this I saw.


"I sense a trap."
"Next move?"
"Spring the trap."
"The boy has exceptional skills."

"I'm a pilot, you know. And some day I'm gonna fly away from this place."



"Pew! Pew! Pew!"
This had to be the funniest thing Star Wars-related that I've ever seen.
Me being Queen for a day.


Now below are photos of the coolest part of the exhibit.  It's a replica of the cock pit from the Millennium Falcon.

Not gonna lie. 
 I kinda sorta geeked out when I saw this.




 Running at six parsecs.


 This was the part of the show where I was eternally grateful that we had not had lunch yet.


Are you kidding me???
Hypersapce???
YYYEESSSSS!!!

If you are in the Wichita area, you really should stop by and see this exhibit.


If you want to see all the 200+ photos I took, click here:
Star Wars Exhibit at Exploration Place

No comments: