Friday, February 12, 2010

Overheard...

One of the funniest things I've ever overheard somebody say happened just yesterday while Cade had a friend over. We were in the car and the boys were talking. Friend says, 'You know what to do when a girl likes you and you don't like her back? You know, when you're, like, in college and stuff?' At this point, it's all I can do to not laugh out loud and drive right off the road into a neighbor's yard. (Do they really think girls aren't going to be pawing over them until college?!?) But somehow I keep it together long enough to catch Cade shake his head and look completely confused while I peeked at the boys in my rearview mirror. Friend continues, 'You have to act reeeeeaaaaallllyy creeeeeeepy so they think you're gross.' OK, now my face is contorted into all kinds of crazy expressions trying not to rat myself out and let them know I'm listening in on their conversation. I peek back again and Cade goes, 'You mean something like this?' He then sticks two fingers up his nose and sticks his tongue out. Friend starts cracking up and I think to myself in my best Shrek imitation, 'That'll do, Donkey. That'll do.'

No comments: