Monday, February 1, 2010

Spotted®: Mater Dei at the Sheffel Theatre Clinic

So I got an email the other day from a friend of ours whose son is also in Cade's grade at school. He sent me a link to view some pictures of the kids on their latest field trip to the Sheffel Theatre Clinic at TPAC. Apparently they do this every year for all the third graders in Topeka. They give them a back stage tour of the theater, tell them about play productions, let them pick out some costumes to play around in and even let them put on some stage make up. When Cade came home he had all kinds of black and red make up on his face. When I asked him what he was supposed to be, he gave me some obscure description of a hurt cowboy or something. I honestly can't remember. I know, I know. Bad mom. Should have listened better. Maybe even should have asked a few more questions...

click here for the photos

You really have to scroll through quite a few of them to get the whole effect.

Yes. That was my son. In drag. In Little House on the Prairie drag. I'm still trying to process this. My only consolation (I guess) is that he wasn't the one in the pink tutu. It was then that I realized that he was doing it for the comedic effect. Really. He'll do just about anything for a laugh. Oh sweet, embarrassing photos to be pulled out when he brings friends and *gasp* girlfriends over. How I love thee.

No comments: