Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Lumps, My Lumps, My Ugly Pinkie Lumps

Check it ooouut! 
( Sorry, couldn't help but carry out the B.E.P.'s reference)
So for the last year and half or so, I've had this lump on my right pinkie that has gradually grown to gruesome proportions.  Around Christmas or Thanksgiving, I notice another notch in my lump and decided I probably should get it checked.  I ended up having to see a plastic surgeon.  Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd see a plastic surgeon about a finger. 
If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing it up close and personal, here you go:
 
This is the view that makes it look like my pinkie is pregnant:
Notice the second notch under the larger lump:
This what I looked like after my lumpectomy:
And can you believe the Dr. didn't send me home with any pain medication stronger than OTC Tylenol and Advil?!?!?!  And yes.  It hurt like a cuss word.
Viewer discretion advised--
My Frankenstine stitches.
I was pretty startled to see just how big the incision ended up being and where it ended up being.
I thought it would be more along the side of my finger, but what do I know.
The swelling is starting to go down, but it still is pretty sore and I still can't bend it.  Typing is interesting as well.  Lydia is a little freaked out by it, too.  She asks me to put the bandage back on so she can't see it.  Still waiting to hear from path about the results, but we're all pretty sure it was just a benign giant cellular tumor. 

No comments: