Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Tradition Continues

Yep, tonight 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown' was on. Every major holiday, Cade remembers that there is a Charlie Brown special that comes on and always watches for advertisements for when it will be showing. This year was no exception. Like clockwork, last week he asked me if I knew when this one would be on. When he found out it was tonight, he made sure he would be home and free to watch it with me and Lydia. He had basketball evaluations tonight and he and Rusty didn't get home until right before the show began. He came running into the house panting and said, 'Is it on yet?' Once it started, he and Lydia stayed right where they are in this picture for the whole show.

*sigh*


I just love this tradition. I grew up watching all of the Peanuts specials and really cherish the fact that Cade looks forward to each one just like I did when I was a kid. I also really enjoy how he is sharing his enthusiasm for our 'tradition' with Lydia as well.


Settling in for the show.


'Punkins! Punkins!'
(Lydia LOVES pumpkins. This show made her VERY happy.)


"Snoopy, Mommy. It's Snoopy!'
'I know, Lydia. I know.'


Love it.

No comments: