Monday, September 26, 2011

Ready? DODGEBALL!


Saturday night was the annual Mater Dei Trivia night.  Last year was our (Rusty, me, Tim and Tammy) first time attending.  We took second or third place with our "Table Divided" theme.  We were robbed.  We had every KU and KSU piece of paraphernalia you can imagine.  We even had lights.  LIGHTS! So I knew if we were going to compete again this year, we'd have to bring it.  And bring it we did.
And in true underdog fashion, the Average Joe's won first place in the table decorating!  We might not have been smart enough to win the overall trivia competition, we were pretty enough to win best table.
Now let me ask you:
Could Tim be a more convincing Patches O'Houlihan?

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste."

"Yarr, I be the dread pirate Steve.  And this be my wench, arrrrgghhh
Now Steve has to drain the sea monster."


"I like...unicorns."
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

"Aim low!"
Because my friends are so freakin' awesome, we stole the show!
Not sure how we're going to top it next year, but I think we're all up for the challenge.

No comments: