Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pinewood Derby Races

The Pinewood Derby races for Pack 26 finally came and went. Didn't I mention it? No? Oh well. Not much to report, except CADE GOT FIRST PLACE IN HIS DEN AND SECOND OVERALL!!!!! Not bad for this being his first year, no? I have to admit, it was a lot LONGER than I ever expected it to be, but all in all, it was a really good time. I think there was something like 72 total races. Seriously. I lost count. And I have to say that my car, The Honu Express (Honu is Hawaiian for turtle. It's ironic. Get it?), didn't do so bad either. I didn't place in the top 10 or anything, but I wasn't in last place in the open division either. Lydia probably could have done without all the races, but she survived as well.


This is Cade's car, Ugly Joe's Car (upside down). Not exactly sure where he got this name. You'll have to ask him. I thought he was going to use some Star Wars themed name.



This is The Honu Express. I promised the pack that there would be glitter and bows galore. But, alas, I couldn't add the ribbons and still be "legal" so I opted for glitter, flowers and bling instead. You can't really tell from this angle, but this car is covered in glitter. There wasn't a specific prize for most girlie car that night, and I'm not bragging or anything, but I'm pretty sure I would've got it for this car.


A couple of shots of the cars in action.


Lydia was all, "Hold on a sec. I gotta get this." *eye roll*


Yes, that is a power point presentation of the final standings. They had it all rigged up with this system so you could see who won each heat and what everybody's time was. Who knew?


Getting his medals and awards.

He really was pretty stinkin' happy about how his evening turned out.


And so were mom and dad.

No comments: