Sunday, June 27, 2010

We Finally Did it!

We've waited 2 1/2 years to do it, but we actually got Lydia's hair trimmed. And why was it so hard to do? Honestly, the only reason we haven't done it so far was because I couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess because it's just one of the many signs that my baby is growing up.
*tear*

Anyhoo, last week or maybe it was two weeks ago, we talked Lydia up about going to see Miss Rhonda to get her hair cut. And she was all for it.


Getting excited to sit in Miss Rhonda's special chair and wear the special cape.


One final parting shot of the pure, uncut baby hair.
*tear* *tear* *tear*


Looking a bit introspective, don't you think? Almost like she's not sure if this is such a good idea.


Getting a pep-talk from daddy.


OK, so I can understand why Rhonda thought it would be a bit sentimental for Rusty to catch the first piece of cut hair. But really? It just kind of creeped me out. It was kinda like cutting the umbilical cord when she was born. Which reminded me of her being a little baby. And that's what led to me crying. Yes, that's right. I cried.
WHAT OF IT???!!


I knew she would still for the haircut and wouldn't give Rhonda any problems, but I had no idea she'd turn into a statue and not move a muscle.

Getting all layered up.


And now we have a real hair style!
Pretty cute if you ask me!


Still long, I know. Now it has more shape.


She didn't realize there was a HUGE treat for her in the end.


Enjoying her very first lolly.

No comments: